- Choose a river.
- Identify the issues in the river.
- Choose your projects or create one from within the following headings:
- Education – schools visits, lectures, outreach programmes, television and radio advertisements, websites, employee initiatives
- Reforestation and rehabilitation exercises
- Clean-up programmes
- Water monitoring programmes – community or school-based monitoring.
- School participation and competition – tree planting exercises, school water conservation competitions, water camps
- Community-based projects – Community-based clean-up projects and groups, community based water quality monitoring and Best Kept Competitions
- Employee Initiatives
- Meet with the Adopt A River Secretariat – Water Resources Agency.
- Register with the Adopt A River programme.
- Sign the Adopt A River contract.
- Identify stakeholders – from the area and from government or other sectors. This will be through the Adopt A River Secretariat.
- Hold community meeting to discuss project.
- Prepare full project proposal.
- Submit to the Adopt A River Committee for ratification.
- Perform appraisal and submission of final report.
Copyright © 2013 WASA. All Rights Reserved.